Friday, May 17, 2013

life getting back to normal, sort of...

It's been a little over a week since my skin cancer surgery 'ordeal'.
I'm feeling better daily. but really think I need to take it easy.
I always think I'm fine and do too much throughout the day.
I got an email 2 days ago asking if I could make this person a quilt for a baby shower. For money, of course.
So I said yes.
Well she emailed back and said she needed it by Saturday!
Whew!
What a rush~
It took me 5 hours.
I'm done though.
She came this evening to pick it up.
I did not have to buy a thing.
I used what I had on hand, including Warm n White batting! I couldn't believe it's been so long since I've quilted. Probably 1-1/2 years maybe? So here's the quilt, and you can see the back on it as well.
(I didn't want to make it too girly pastel-like). Turned out nice, for a rush job ;)
And, like I said, I'm pooped, did WAY too much a little over a week out from surgery.
Still a bit sore...

by the way...the pics make the hot pink look red, but it's really deep pinks in there, no red.




1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt! Great job! Now, you go take it easy Missy!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete